Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mission Statement

Welcome, nobody, to my latest blog!  Enjoy the mild ride until such time as I lose interest or am driven away by even vaguely negative comments.  Unlike previous attempts, there is no stab at a unifying theme, no focus to speak of, just whatever tickles my fancy one day only the be regretted the next.  As such, no co-conspirators will be diluting the pointless verbosity, ill-considered word choice, shallow insights into frivolous topics and painful fiction that will soon litter these virtual pages.

Why, you might ask if you existed, am I bothering to undertake a theoretically public endeavor like this if I insist on being so unrelentingly negative about it?  In service of escaping my own head, a loose-leaf journal just seemed to lack the necessary potential for feedback that could drive the creative process and tolerance for criticism.  Plus, I can't read my own hand-writing.  Consider it a trivial act of courage for an introvert hoping to one day make something he is proud of.  Or, failing that, some jerk adding one more irrelevant voice to the din.

No comments:

Post a Comment